Sunday, September 13, 2009

An introduction to Heidi's list of 100 books

A few months ago, I decided to make a list of 100 books I want to read. I consulted many lists. Lists of the best books of all time, lists of books you should read before you die, lists of best sellers, and friends list's of their top reads. I currently only have a list of about 50 books, but I am confident by the end of this experiment I will find my list of 100.
Although I selected books that looked good to me, I am not claiming that this is a list of 100 books you should read before you die or 100 of the best books of all time. Instead, it is a list of 100 books that looked interesting to me and I hope it will be a list of 100 books that other people will share comments about.
I am not sure how long this project will take, but I am guessing it will keep me busy for a long time. So I hope you will come along with me and maybe will read a few books together.

7 comments:

  1. You are such a secondary teacher! Way to keep us reading and learning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just at the library on Saturday. While I was searching away, I had the thought that I should have looked for a list on the internet before I went. I'm excited for some good suggestions. Are you reading as you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. I will be reading as I recommend. I hope to read about one book a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all ready with my book mark and raring to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I love blogs. They give a great format for having discussions with lots of people. Anyway, thanks for sharing. I don't know about a book a week for me, but I'll definitely be reading along when I can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where is Hunger Games on this list??? BTW... fabulous idea. This will be an excellent resource for the question "What should I read now?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a hold on hunger games at the library, but you know how that goes. It's a popular one!

    ReplyDelete