Saturday, December 19, 2009

#8 Three cups of Tea- I can't say enough about how much I love this book



This book is moving to the top of my list as my favorite book I've read so far. What an amazing true story. This book is appealing because it is the story of a man who seems like an ordinary person, but is so full of love and compassion that is able to accomplish unthinkable tasks. I love the story of his path. How he wants everything to happen in a moment, but is required to exercise patience. Mostly I love that although the path is hard, it seems as though divine providence is guiding him. Just when it seems that all is lost, the way opens. It is a beautiful story. I am now in the part of the story when he is building 3 schools each spring. The year is 1998. Knowing what is coming in history, I am worried that terrorism and Islamic radicalism is about to destroy his efforts. Sometimes I forget that in these warring nations filled with men seeking to destroy our freedoms, there are beautiful people and children. It is too easy to forget.

2 comments:

  1. I've fallen off the reading wagon! This is one I have been wanting to read for a while! With some time off from work coming up, I'll have to curl up with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great! I know you will love it!

    ReplyDelete