Sunday, January 3, 2010

#9 The Lovely Bones



I think it is a good thing if you feel passionate about a book. Unfortunately, I feel passionately that I hated this book. I don't hate a lot of books, sometimes I think they are poorly written, sometimes I think they are boring. I didn't think this book was poorly written or boring, in fact I could not put it down, but I still hated it. It tells the story of a girl who is kidnapped and murdered by a neighbor when she is 14. Then she watches from heaven as her family falls apart and her killer runs free. I knew that this is what the book was about, but somehow I thought it would be a good story. It wasn't. There is a movie coming out, that has moderate reviews. I have not decided if I will see it. I'm curious if there is anyone out ther who has read this one and has an opinion on it. Clearly, I did.

1 comment:

  1. I was interested in reading this -- but now I think I'll skip it. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete