Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#3 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

So I am still in the middle of letters coming and going from Juliet and the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. This seems to be a group of hodge podge people who, for various random reasons, came together to read books on a small island off England during World War II. They are all coming to life and I find myself wanting to know who Dawsey will turn out to be, he is the one who first contacted Juliet, and Elizabeth McKenna, her sorted past has me wondering, but don't even get me started on Adelaide Addison, if you have read this book, you know what I am talking about. There are so many characters now, I feel like I am going to need a chart to keep them all straight. Anyone out there reading this book with me?

4 comments:

  1. Just keep reading! I know, I think I did have to make a list. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this one at Costco yesterday and I thought it looked interesting. Let us know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to get reading on this one - the library just called today - it was finally in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I picked it up at Costco and I'm maybe about half way through. I love the format so far and will have more to say tomorrow morning as I just decided that I'm not going to work on any of my TO DO list tonight as I should, but I'm going to lay in bed and read. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete