Thursday, October 1, 2009

#3 The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society




I am going to try something new on this blog and try posting as I read. You can see on the sidebar that I am currently reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer. This book was recommended by my sister-in-law Thomalee (Thanks Thomalee!). I wish I could tell you what this book is about, but I am really not sure yet. I opened it up last night and started reading it and I was surprised to find that is a series of letters between lots of people. In fact you really have to pay attention to know who is talking about what. I am intrigued with the story. Is it a love story? And if so, who is in love? Is it Juliet and Sidney or Juliet and the guy sending her flowers? And how does this literary society even fit in to the story? You can see I have a lot of questions so far, but I think I am going to like this one. If you have read this you are welcome to comment below, but the rule here is that you or I can never leave a spoiler, so please play by the rules. And if you haven't read this one, pick up a copy and join me.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one! I'm going to make a trip to the library tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved, loved, loved this book. We read it as a book club and I thoroughly enjoyed it (though I had to keep going back to the beginning because I kept getting mixed up on who the letter writers were). This book inspired me to be more of a letter writer than an e-mail writer. My new catch phrase: "Post cards are the new Twitter."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying the book! And trust me, if I can keep up with the characters anyone can :)

    ReplyDelete