Monday, November 30, 2009

#7 The Help- A Glimpse in the Dark of the Deep South in the 1960's



I loved this book! It was recommended by my friend Camille and I would highly recommend it as well. I read the description a few months ago and I wasn't that interested. Sometimes reading about civil rights, just makes me feel guilty for things I had no control over. This book is more than a depressing story about the African American plight. It is about people. It tells the stories of all kinds of relationships and choices and consequences. It makes you realize how things can seem so important in the moment, but in the eyes of history, when you know the world is changing, how ridiculous important things can become. It also tells the story of how inhuman, humans can behave. It made me think about how I respond to people, not just to people who are of a different race, but to all the people in my life. I hope you will love this book, but if not, I hope at least this book makes you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment